Email Marketing is easy once you get the hang of it. But first, you have to get the basics right. These are the top email marketing tips that you have to tend to:
1. Engaging Subject Line – This is what makes people click. If your subject line isn’t compelling enough, they won’t even make it to the content.
2. Personalization – One of the main reasons people don’t respond to an email is because it isn’t personal enough. If possible, make sure that you include some kind of dynamic content to pique their interest – even if it’s just their name in the content or greeting.
3. Strong Call to Action – If you want people to respond to your email, make it very clear what you want them to do. This could be anything from downloading an e-book, subscribing online, calling, etc. The biggest mistake I see here is giving people too many options to choose from (or links to click on that don’t lead to sales). Or – even worse – telling them you know there are a lot of other great products on the market and that you will follow up with them “later.” Lol.
4. Don’t include too many links or images in the email – this can lead servers to identify you as spam.
5. Pay attention to email open rates and optimize your campaigns to lead to more clicks.
6. Segment your email lists as much as possible to make sure clients or potential clients are getting the emails they would be interested in reading.
7. Design for mobile – Many people open their emails on mobile devices these days.
8. Include Social Share links in your emails – this is the easiest click that you are missing out on.
I hope this list helps you out. If you have any questions or need help with your email marketing, please contact me through my contact page.